1. The SCM Lead, Energy Storage will be responsible for leading and advancing CEA’s market intelligence, advancing key battery supplier relationships, and enhancing our client experience within the energy storage services practice.
2. This candidate will lead market intelligence activities related to energy storage, providing a comprehensive understanding of the lithium-ion battery value chain both domestic and internationally. Understanding market drivers like policy, incentives, and emerging business models while assessing supply/demand dynamics and technology trends will be keys to success.
3. Secondly, the candidate will bring strong supplier relationships from across the lithium-ion battery supply chain to CEA. These relationships will be used to further advance CEA’s Supply Chain Management services and provide key insights to our market intelligence offering to support our clients.
4. Additionally, the candidate will utilize their market intelligence and supplier relationships to provide an enhanced client experience. As the direct point of contact and relationship manager for client experiences, the candidate will handle all aspects of client tours. This includes assessing client’s goals and ‘wants’, selecting the appropriate suppliers and relationship contacts to provide the client a wow experience and managing all aspects of logistics during the tour.
5. Additional tasks may include estimating resources and costs for Supply Chain related engagements, schedule tours both within and outside of China, assessing technology and cost trends in lithium ion batteries, relationship management between internal CEA teams and clients, and providing relevant content to CEA’s marketing activities and technical advisory products.
6. Support the business development team by actively seeking out opportunities to grow clients into new service areas, bring in new business through lead generation, and contribute to other project teams as needed. This opportunity requires strong project management skills, a bias for action and self-accountability to the firm. Conflict resolution, effective communication skills, confidence to lead executive (c-level) meetings with clients and suppliers, and willingness to put in extra effort to coordinate activities across global time zones.
1. 3-5 years of work experience in the battery energy storage industry, preference given to experience in field of energy storage system integrators or experience with energy storage project developers in China
2. Broad understanding of the China energy storage market, including familiarity with incentives/market drivers, major players, technologies, and installations
3. Understanding of the lithium ion battery market in China
4. Experience with supplier relationship management
5. Experienced in supply chain management skills, including RFP development and execution
6. Excellent English verbal and written communication skills, additional languages are a plus
7. Ability to author and write market intelligence reports in English
8. Proficient in MS Office
9. Ability to perform detail-oriented, critical reviews of client and supplier submittals
10. Strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills
11. Excellent organizational and time management skills
12. Ability to work in a fast-paced start-up environment
13. Ability to travel domestically (China) and internationally