I. Financial Models
- Perform IRR calculations of energy related projects or porfolio of projects in order to:
o Support the development/assessment of new business opportunities
o Follow up the project performance after investment
- Perform the IRR calculations including levered IRR which requires a good understanding of
o CAPEX, OPEX and revenue mechanisms
o Various financing schemes (direct lease, lease back, commercial debt, etc).
o Equity contribution options (capital, shareholder loan, etc)
o Dividend distribution strategies
- Reflect in the financial model the following aspects as applicable in PRC :
o Accounting principles
o Distribution constrains
o Tax policies and incentives
o P&L, Cash Flow Statement and Balance Sheet to be included in financial models
- Understand our company’s investment criteria and reflect it in the financial model calculations.
- Perform sensitivity analysis on the profitabily and propose innovative solutions to improve the project economics.
II. Understanding of the Power Industry and Projects’ Background
- Good understanding of the Chinese Power Industry, including past experience in the power sector (solar, wind, battery storage, CHP or EV charging).
- Understanding of the general market trends and update the financial models accordingly to new policies/market evolution (power market policy, tax policies, etc).
- Interact with the Investment Department to understand the project details (development, technical, financial and financing aspects) and reflect with accuracy this information in the financial model.
- Take part in the preparation of investment dossiers to be submitted to headquarters and might be involved in implementing financing solutions with the banks.
- Opportunity to evolve as investment manager if a good understanding and assessment (including risk analysis) of both power industry and projects are proven.
- Undergraduate or Master Degree
- 3 years experience in doing financial models
- Previous experience in power sector (solar, wind, battery storage, CHP).
- Excellent modeling and analytical skills
- In depth understanding of Excel (including VBA)
- English Proficiency: Good
- Autonomous and takes initiative.
- Good social skills, including team work capability.